Literacy: Access and Equity
The mission of the California Reading & Literature Project (CRLP) is to provide high quality, standards-based teacher professional development in reading and academic language instruction. Through collaborative partnerships with schools and districts, CRLP supports and sustains continuous academic growth for all students, Pre-K through 12th grade.
CRLP is part of the California Subject Matter Project (CSMP), administered by the University of California Office of the President and hosted by regional campuses of the University of California (UC), the California State University (CSU), and independent colleges and universities.
Spotlight on Results
The CRLP provides quality, standards-based professional development in language and literacy instruction to ensure that every student achieves the highest standards of academic performance by:
- Developing teachers’ content knowledge and expanding their teaching strategies
- Supporting the effective use of state frameworks, standards, and instructional materials
- Focusing on academic English language development
- Creating a cadre of expert teacher leaders and university scholars to help translate educational policies into sound classroom practices
- Linking universities with schools/districts in collaborative partnerships